Friday, March 14, 2014

Spent the day with my friend - How I managed to eat SUPER healthy/got my workout in

Today I got to spend quality time with one of my besties! I just love her!  I spent all day with her and still ate healthy and stuck to my goals! I'll go over exactly what I ate/and how I managed to get my workout in---while at her house!


First, we were starving (she was really hungry since she's pregnant!) so we decided to go out to lunch right away. We went to a breakfast/lunch place called "The Egg and I" near us. It's mainly a breakfast place, (their lunch menu has less options) I was pleasantly surprised at what they had to offer on their lunch menu though-I noticed right away that they had yummy sounding wraps! This is what I ordered:


It's called the Chicken Ranch wrap. It comes in a sun dried tomato wrap with chopped chicken, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettace, ranch, and cheese. I told them to take off the cheese and to give me light avocado ranch instead. Then I chose a fruit cup for my side. It was delicious!  Healthy and low fat! (My friend got a breakfast burrito.)

Afterwards, we went to Barnes and Noble. We hung out there for awhile. She wanted Starbucks, I didn't get anything because I had already brought my snacks/water bottle in my bag! I ate two no bake energy balls for my snack. Delish.


We ended up going to the mall a little after that, where I had 2 more of those no bake energy balls for another snack.  I love that they're so easy to grab and eat. We walked around the mall, went to a few stores and then left. 

On the way home,  I had my chocolate shakeology on me (I pre blended it before I left with ice and water so I could have it ready) and drank that for my pre workout snack! Learn more about Shakeology! 

Pre blended and ready to go! 

Once we got to her house, she wanted to do yoga and told me I could work out there if I wanted. Lucky for me I always have my p90x3 workout dvd's on me as well as my workout clothes/cross trainer shoes! So I quickly set up and crushed my workout!  I did triometrics from p90x3!  Here's a pic of me at her house after my workout! 


That workout is ALL leg focused by the way-it wore me out!  Afterwards we all sat down and had dinner (I had 2 lean pork chops, cucumber and tomato salad, and fruit salad that my friend's husband made. Delicious!) I went home shortly after. 

All and all it was a great day. I really enjoyed hanging out and spending quality time with my bestie! She's the best. I love how supportive she is with my healthy eating and workout habits! Makes it effortless to have a healthy day. Can't wait to see her again! Until next time, 

-Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment